Friday, December 4, 2009

Introduction

I am a recent, and reluctant, arrival to the blogosphere. There was a time when I believed that everyone was entitled to my opinion but over the years I have learned that the less I say, the less that I have to apologize for. I also prided myself on staying somewhat current with technology but since I turned fifty I've lost some urgency in that regard. Though new toys can be fun I've come to appreciate efficiency more than innovation. Now, however, I've found something new that has the potential to draw me out of my technological shell: THATCamp Columbus. When I read about "a user-generated 'unconference' on digital humanities" I saw an opportunity to learn something both fresh and useful. Since I've committed to their blog I thought that I should attempt a blog of my own.

I make no promises about how successful this blog will be. I'll give it a sincere try and if it goes somewhere, great! If not, there is still much to be learned in failure. Thanks for reading me.

No comments:

Post a Comment